Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Logo

This picture is "representational" in case you didn't know that : )

Well, you might realize that I have lots of "logos." Well, they are pictures of my girlfriend and I. I was trying to think if I had something that really represented me that would be cool for a logo...and I thought to myself...I think I'm pretty cool...and I think that I "represent" myself fairly well...so there you have it! GENIUS!

No, but on a more serious note...I know you are probably looking at my page and you don't think that I can be serious, but I can. Besides, the ladies dig a sense of humor, but if you don't have a serious bone in your body and you are always on stage...it can get really old fast. Anyways, I chose pictures of my girlfriend and I to be my icons because she really is my life. Now I don't want you to get the wrong impression...I'm not a big loser that lives his life vicariously through somebody else, but here is my rationale for my previous statement: Everything that I have and everything that I am is wonderful. I absolutely love my life and I am very blessed. Katherine just makes everything better. She is the icing on the cake (because she is so sweet...hehe) I love her more than....well, more than I can type in a blog, that's for sure...and besides I think you probably know more about me than you ever cared to know.

Now, I know that this blog entry is supposed to be about my Icon and NOT about me declaring my undying love for my girlfriend in front of a bunch of people I've never "met." So here goes: my icons show exactly who I am. (plain and simple) They show me when I am at my best, when I am truly happy. I don't think we get to be ourselves nearly enough. I know that when I am at work, school, church, etc. that I can't completely be myself. Instead, we take on different roles or "put on different hats" in life. We are all very good at playing those roles, but we run the risk of losing track of who we really are. We are the happiest when we just get to be ourselves. In these pictures I am smiling, worry free, and I am "myself." I think all of our icons should represent us for who we REALLY are.

Have a wonderful day and remember to be Y-O-U! : )

1 comment:

~Fawne~ said...

Hi, Matthew. What a sweet "representational" logo you chose! I enjoyed reading about your undying love for your girlfriend, lol. I appreciated the bit about icons representing who we really are. I think sometimes people want others to see them for something they're not...and what better place to take on another life is there than the blog world, right?! You can lose 20 lbs, have the best hair style ever and be gorgeous all in a few clicks or words. Anyways...I'm all about being me, hey...I love being me! People think I'm crazy because I'm always smiling, but if you can't smile when life throws you lemons in today's society everyone would be frowning an awful lot, don't you think?

Music For Your Ears...Enjoy!